Friday, April 02, 2010

Writing for fun and writing for money

In the last 10 days, I was very busy with a project. There was a business program in my city in which delegates from some Asian countries came. My work was looking after the delegates and taking their interviews. I also did some write-ups about this program. Today, it finished and I am totally exhausted. In the next few days, I will have to do a lot of writings about this event. Yes, I enjoy this kind of writing but I wish that I could write short stories. I guess that hardly anyone enjoy writing a press release on a business event.
At least, when you started your dream of becoming a writer, you never dreamt that you would someday become a press release writer. However, there is some money in it and there is hardly any sure money in writing short stories and dramas unless you are a famous writer. In life, we have to do many kind of adjustments. Still, I am very happy because at least my job is related to writing and information.
To be honest with you, I enjoyed working for the event because I met some very good people from other countries. I could share my ideas and learnt some new things from their ideas. 

No comments:

Post a Comment