Saturday, May 15, 2010

The Month of May is very Tough

If you live in Europe or America then May should be a great month for you. It is Spring Time and you enjoy the weather. However, the country I live in, May is the toughest month to deal with. It is the hottest month with hardly any rain. Going out becomes a nightmare and nothing short of a disaster. If I go out one day then I have to rest for the next day or sometimes two days. At the same time, I have to look after the blogs. It seems that at last, good time is coming for me in blogging as there has been a huge improvement in traffic for one of my blogs in the last one week.

Thus, there is good and bad news. Things look bright for me as far as blogging is concerned but at the same time, my health is taking a very bad beating from the weather and works. The good thing is that mental stress has dropped significantly. I see some kind of hope that I can start doing research and writing some short stories. It has been always a challenge for me to find time to do these things my life for many years consisted of just earning money and paying the bills.

Now, the best thing for me is that I can blog again if I am not sick. Last July and August, I had to undergo teeth treatment and it was very difficult for me. After the treatment finished, my health became very weak and I could not write at all. Now, I am almost back to my full capacity again and all I need is to finish some outside works and then I can again start writing.

Of the Victorian poets, I am a very big fan of Robert Browning and I am not that fan of Tennyson. However, it is Tennyson’s Poem Ulysses that gives a lot of mental strength and encouragement. I am giving you the last few lines here:

Though much is taken, much abides; and though

We are not now that strength which in old days

Moved earth and heaven; that which we are, we are;

One equal temper of heroic hearts,

Made weak by time and fate, but strong in will

To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield.

 

I am not old yet and perhaps not middle aged. I lost my physical energy in the last one year but I feel that I have my mental strength back.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment