Sunday, June 20, 2010

The Dream of Writing an E-book

One of the best things that I have in life is perhaps a very good team. I used to teach in the past. It is not that I was very successful in teaching career. Yes, I worked in several universities both in the capacity of a teaching Assistant and as a lecturer. However, I was in a condition that I had to earn more money than a university job could pay, I wanted to be a writer, I found Internet to be something that I needed to master.
So, I left university teaching. Almost everyone who knows me felt that I was a sore loser and stupid man. I don’t regret at all because I have now much more satisfaction as a writer. Well, I am happy that I was a teacher because this profession helped me to find some young students who helped me a lot. I guided them to some exciting projects: publishing a real magazine or two, Online Magazine, CD magazine and several websites and failed in all of them.
Still, I have 3 former students working with me in my blogs. The deal is pretty simple: I teach them all the skills I know and they work with me. It is indeed a win-win situation. The only painful part is that it takes a long time for a student to become skilled and experienced and then work with me. For example, one of the students has been working with me for 3 years and it will take another one year for him to work with me in a level that I can be satisfied. The two other students were hard working and they are upto the mark.
The best part is that I have dreams and they have dreams. It is more or less like apprentice-master relationship. They have to work hard for some years and then they can join me in my projects. In USA, this is a very natural thing to do but not in the country I live. Anyway, I am very happy for this matter. When a student passes the apprentice stage, it makes a life (career) for the student and it brings a skilled worker for me. Well, in the past, I did not understand this matter. Now, I can see it and that is why, I give all my efforts to improve these 3 students who have the same dream like me.
Our dream is to write a good e-book. We do not want to earn money with it but we want any people to read it- as many as possible. We want them to read the e-book and admire our work. This is not an easy work because there are many e-books in Internet and it is very difficult or perhaps impossible to make sure that people would find it and read it.
Fortunately, I have good knowledge of Search Engine Optimization and I know how to bring visitors for a website or a blog. So, the easy part is to bring people and some of them will surely bother to read our e-book. The toughest part is to ensure that they would love the e-book. Well, this is an area I have no expertise or experience because I am not a successful or famous writer. I am not a celebrity. I do not have even idea whether we should create an e-book on fiction or non-fiction. All I know is that I have a dream and I have 3 assistants who have the same kind of dream just like me.
What if it is a failure? Most probably, it will be a failure as now we do not have enough time. We are working very hard for South Asia Blog to shine and it is slowly shining. Most probably, for the next one year, we will be only busy with this blog to become successful. Still, it is a good thing to dream of writing an e-book that will be read by at least one million people. From my experience of one decade, I know that failures are not bad. They indicate that if we continue trying then success is waiting for us. No, I am not philosophical- I assure you that this is the reality.  
I feel very happy with this dream. I know that it is not a dream only. It really can someday become a reality. This month, already, 286,000 visitors visited our blog. They read our content. Of course, the entries are sort of one time reading content. The visitors are searching for something and they read it and then don’t come back. We mainly cover news and news is perhaps like that. Anyway, we have now 98 followers which is cool.
The good part is that my health has finally improved and I feel good after writing this particular entry.
Did you enjoy it? Most probably not. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hobby Economist