Monday, December 21, 2009

Bengali Literature: A Series of Entries

I am going to write a series of entries about Bengali Literature in the next few days. I planned to do so in the past but could not do it. This time, I am more hopeful. In the past, the main problem was that I had always lofty goals and always failed. Writing about this topic does not bring money and that is why, I could never dedicate my time for this blog in the last 4 years. I want to start with this topic of money and in the next entry, I will write about this problem. I often wish that I could get some kind of fund for translating Bangla short stories at least. I know that I could do a very good work because although Bangla is perhaps the 5th or 6th most widely spoken language in the world, very few literary works of this language have been translated. 

No comments:

Post a Comment