Sunday, September 01, 2024

2-Minute Rule: It can be helpful

 


I have been trying to get back to writing for many days now but  I have struggled a lot. Now, I am thinking of using the 2-minute rule to help me with writing. The basic idea is very simple, I will just write for 2 minutes each time. Then take a break and again write for 2 minutes. Anyone can focus on something for 2 minutes. It is not a big deal but will it work? I want to give it a shot. For two minutes, I will forget everything and just try to write or type.

Sounds Simple

It really sounds very simple. Who cannot do it? You just need to think of doing something for two minutes. I want to give it a shot from today and I will test for myself if it works or not. I am hopeful that it will work. There are both pros and cons. But the actual process is really simple. Sit down and write for two minutes. I will not think of quality or even quantity but just try to write for 120 seconds.

Benefits

First of all, it is very easy. Anyone can do it anytime. I just need to focus only for 2 minutes- it is really easy. What I need is to give a conscious effort. I do not need to worry about success or failure. The only thing that I have to do is to try for such a short period of time. Then, I can take a break. If I can do for just one or times each hour, then I will be able to write for 20-40 minutes each day. If I can write for 1 hour this way, then it will be simply great.

You see when we lose our way in work then we cannot perform the most simple or basic tasks. We do not lose the skill but we lose the habit of trying. I know that I can write but when I lost the habit of writing long posts then writing just 200 words become very difficul for me everyday. Now, I want to get back to my writing because in my life, I always wanted to be a writer. For this, I am not testing the two-minute rule. If I can do it then slowly I will move forward to 5-minute rule or even 10 minute rule.

I am writing this post with the help of 2-minute rule. I hope that I can apply this rule everyday in my works. Not only in writing but in many areas of my life. This is really very easy. I also have noticed now that my typing speed has not decreaed because I can totally focus. I have nothing else to do for 2-minutes but just to type. I can think even faster because I know that now I will not do anything else.

Challenges

The main challenge is remaining conscious. It is very easy to forget that you have to come back and do something again. This is only negative aspect of this rule according to my own experience. So, I am going to make it as  a part of my habit. Another problem is that I don’t feel confidence while trying. My mind is telling me constantly about whether it is a good idea or not.

It works

Yes, it work. I have been writing this post following the rule and I can find that I have written a blog post within a very short time. For writing each paragraph, I just spent 2 minutes and then took a short break. Thus, I did not become tired but I kept on writing. This is great. Well, a blog post is not a big deal but for me, it is something.

630 words in 14 minuts

Yes, I have spent only 14 minutes and I have been able to type 630 minuts in this post. So, I worked for 2 minutes each for 7 times. So, if I just write 25 minutes of time this way then it is possible to type almost 1 thouand words or at least 800 words which is enough for a blog post. It will not always work this way but the more I try, it will become my habit. I need to make this habit. I got addicted to writing in Facebook and lost the skill of writing long posts.

I have realized that it is not very difficult if you can just kept on telling yourself that you want do it. It is easy and possible. The only problem is that we do not feel the urge to try it every hour. If you can do it every hour for a few times then you will shine. There is no doubt about that. I am hopeful that from now, I will try my best. It is really very easy. Finally, I feel that I have found a winning formula.

Finally

Yes, finally, I am very happy that I have been able to write a blog post of nearly 900 words. It is not great but I have done it and it did not take a lot of time. It has taken only 20 minutes of trying or 10 units of 2-minute time. I have been able to do it and even if it takes 40 minutes it is not a probem at all. Within one hour, I can write an article of 1 thousand words.

I really feel that I have got my winning formula in work. I wish that I have tried it earlier. I can do it, anyone can do it actually. We can surely, do something for two minute. Who cannot do it? So, from now, I will do it every day in almost every work. I hope that you can follow this tip and try for yourself. This 2-minute rule is helpful for doing small tasks like cleaning your desk or room or writing an email etc.

No comments:

Post a Comment